Underground waste-paper collection plant | Lugano | 2013
Underground system equipped with a 10 tons garbage compactor
Municipio di Lugano
Officine Ghidoni SA
Officine Ghidoni SA
Underground waste-paper compression system leaving footprint area clear.
Nowadays the market demands the improvement of the waste collection processes so as to make them more functional and environmentally friendly.
- The volume reduction thanks to compaction influences the transports thus increasing efficiency.
- The high demands of the municipality of Lugano have allowed us to develop a product with innovative aspects.
- Goal: The goal is to develop a simple and multi-purpose product in the waste collection industry so as to make the system even more effective.
- Usually the underground tank is built by using a prefabrication and excavating process which requires considerable soil movements and not negligible problems of transport and laying.
- The solution chosen to improve the process involves a self-sinking device, consisting in building an out-of-ground tank and gradually lowering it in the ground in parallel to the excavation.
Weight: about 100 tons
External dimensions: 7’500 x 4’500 mm H = 3’800 mm
- The structure containing the compactor is controlled by 4 rails.
- The vertical actuation takes place by 4 single-acting hydraulic cylinders.
- Trellis self-supporting structure.
- Devices for the link to the reinforced concrete structure, adjustable so as to minimize the interferences due to tolerances.
- Stainless steel sliding elements.
- The actuation takes place thanks to an oil-pressure flow created with an electrical pump.
- Electrical management of the valves.
- Synchronization obtained by flow dividers.
- Cylinders fastened at both ends by using joints.
- Check valves intervening in case of breakage of the circuit.
- Lifting capacity: about 25 tons.
- Roll off compactor.
- Single blade compactor activated by an electro-hydraulic pump.
- The compactor is straight linked to the platform so as to obtain a global management.
- The compactor is easy to empty thanks to the conical shape of the container.
External dimensions: 5’300 x 2’500m H = 2’700mm
Weight when empty: 5’000 kg
Weight when full: 10’000 kg
- Safety is the main theme in the product development, both for users and operators.
- In case of breakage, the platform is hydraulically and mechanically supported.
- Diagnostics and remote transmission of the system information.
- Certification according to the Machinery Directive (2006/42/CE)
- Minimizing the guillotine effect during the emptying phases.
- The client has decided to include all the electrical components in an appropriate totem.
- The hydraulic control unit is placed in a separated containment tank.
- The platform is activated by a mobile control panel, that allows an optimal positioning by the operator.
- Optical fiber transmission of the main data, including the filling grade and the garbage net weight, to the operator.